Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3

Discussion Topic: 2023-24 Ohio State Buckeyes
Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on March 23, 2023

Quote from Christopher Henderson's post:

"Nick?"

Yes.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on March 23, 2023

One question I have is what is the status on Feldmans injury? When will he be able to compete again. Does he qualify for a medical redshirt in case he is not 100 percent next year?

I also have a feeling Mendes will redshirt. I talked to his father a little at nationals and it is up in the air still on what he will do. It more and likely depends if both demilio and sasso move up but I think they both probably stay put but probably won’t be determined until the off-season. He make try to make the Olympic team and may even use a Olympic redshirt.

Then Geog and Hoffman will be the matchup to look out for. Hoffman was ahead of him this year but I have a feeling that the tables may turn my next year. Geog did beat a guy that won two matches at nationals and his only losses were to top ten guys. He seemed a little bit undersized however. Someone on another forum says he may be 184 next year to fit them both in the lineup next year. That would fill the 184 void.

Here is my way too early projected lineup

125- Kilkeary just don’t see any other options and hope he’s better than microbe/Gonzales
133- bouzakis
141-demilo
149-sasso
157-paddy
165- hepner
174-kharchla
184-Geog
197-Hoffman
285-Feldman

It seemed like everyone got the weight under control by end of season.
Welsh Mendes rotogotzke redshirt

On another note does jordan Decatur transfer out so he can wrestle his senior year?

Roe Fox added to this discussion on March 23, 2023

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

"

Quote from Christopher Henderson's post:

"Nick?"

Yes."

Yes. Fat fingers and spellcheck.

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on March 23, 2023

Nick, nice analysis. The prevailing thought is D’Emilio, Sasso, and Gallagher will move up weights and that may end up the case. But none of them appeared to lack energy and, to the contrary, held up well in clutch moments. Just maybe they’re at their optimal weights already. It’ll all shake out soon enough.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on March 24, 2023

Bernie truax is in the portal and rumor he wants to go back to 184. Would Bucks consider him or do they like the young guys?

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 24, 2023

Quote from Jim Kessen's post:

"Bernie truax is in the portal and rumor he wants to go back to 184. Would Bucks consider him or do they like the young guys?"

My guesss is he already knows where he's going. But if I'm incorrect, he's a one year rental and would slide nicely into the tOSU lineup.

Christopher Henderson added to this discussion on March 24, 2023

Thanks, Roe! I just thought I was forgetting who was or wasn't on the Bucks' roster.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on March 24, 2023

I like a spot where Sammy has the best chance at a championship and I think Haines will give him more trouble at 157 than Van Ness at 149, IMO. Paddy did not look overly big for 157, so pushing him to 165 is questionable, plus what about Hepner who just took a RS?

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on March 24, 2023

I get cutting to be at the weight that gives you the best chance to win, but I don’t understand why fans are so against guys moving up. tOSU has a pretty good record of success moving guys up. Most recently, Romero moved up with great success. But before that there was Pletcher and Bergman and Heflin and Bo Jordan and Myles Martin and don’t forget about Kyle Snyder and Logan Stieber All of them moved up a weight class and founder success.

Gallagher was the number one ranked 160-pounder in high school three years ago. Regardless of how it may look to fans, it doesn’t seem reasonable that he would have gained no weight in his time on campus. Gallagher to 165, Carson to 174…just one Guy’s opinion.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on March 24, 2023

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"Gallagher was the number one ranked 160-pounder in high school three years ago. Regardless of how it may look to fans, it doesn’t seem reasonable that he would have gained no weight in his time on campus. Gallagher to 165, Carson to 174…just one Guy’s opinion."

Agree. I was hoping Kaleb would wrestle 184 his RS-Fr year. He played FB in HS around 190lbs.

They will do what's best for them & the team. I have confidence that the coaches will guide them in that direction as well.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on March 25, 2023

"I get cutting to be at the weight that gives you the best chance to win, but I don’t understand why fans are so against guys moving up. tOSU has a pretty good record of success moving guys up. Most recently, Romero moved up with great success. But before that there was Pletcher and Bergman and Heflin and Bo Jordan and Myles Martin and don’t forget about Kyle Snyder and Logan Stieber All of them moved up a weight class and founder success.

Gallagher was the number one ranked 160-pounder in high school three years ago. Regardless of how it may look to fans, it doesn’t seem reasonable that he would have gained no weight in his time on campus. Gallagher to 165, Carson to 174…just one Guy’s opinion."

Wasn’t there discussion about this earlier this season? I thought someone posted Sammy was making a huge cut for the team this year and that he would certainly be moving up next year.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on March 25, 2023

Quote from Roe Fox's post:

"

"I get cutting to be at the weight that gives you the best chance to win, but I don’t understand why fans are so against guys moving up. tOSU has a pretty good record of success moving guys up. Most recently, Romero moved up with great success. But before that there was Pletcher and Bergman and Heflin and Bo Jordan and Myles Martin and don’t forget about Kyle Snyder and Logan Stieber All of them moved up a weight class and founder success.

Gallagher was the number one ranked 160-pounder in high school three years ago. Regardless of how it may look to fans, it doesn’t seem reasonable that he would have gained no weight in his time on campus. Gallagher to 165, Carson to 174…just one Guy’s opinion."

Wasn’t there discussion about this earlier this season? I thought someone posted Sammy was making a huge cut for the team this year and that he would certainly be moving up next year."

Yeah there was talk about it but that happens every time a Buckeye doesn’t wrestle well or has an unexpected L. It’s always he was cutting to much weight but I’m not sure anyone on here actually knows and is mostly speculation.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 25, 2023

Jim Kessen--LOL! Guilty as charged.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on March 25, 2023

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Jim Kessen--LOL! Guilty as charged."

You’re not alone and I’m guilty as well.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3