Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Discussion Topic: Bo bassett
Brian Nicola added to this discussion on August 23, 2024

Quote from Nick Lecklider's post:

"
3. Tom Ryan let his high school have a home dual at Covelli. No other high school in Ohio state history has been given that chance."

To be fair, our girls team at Orange wrestled Gettysburg high school at Covelli before Pitt match in 2021. And there was no direct benefit to OSU (no women's team).

Is it possible McCourt or Graham just asked?

While I'm here, Bassett is amazing, but I'd take Blaze between the two.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on August 23, 2024

Quote from Brian Nicola's post:

"

"
3. Tom Ryan let his high school have a home dual at Covelli. No other high school in Ohio state history has been given that chance."

To be fair, our girls team at Orange wrestled Gettysburg high school at Covelli before Pitt match in 2021. And there was no direct benefit to OSU (no women's team).

While I'm here, Bassett is amazing, but I'd take Blaze between the two."

There is no coincidence that Mccort was chosen. Ohio state is going after about 4 kids from there but ecspecially Bassett. Graham was set up by Bo more than likely but has zero prospects that Ohio State is even considering other than room guys.

This is different than when Orange wrestled Gettysburg. They did that to increase attendance and promote the Buckeyes wrestling team probably to people who wouldn’t normally attend. Ohio state brought these kids to Covelli when there was no Ohio state dual. They wanted to show these kids the facilities and get their minds thinking Ohio State and what they have to offer. They would never do this for schools unless their were a big benefit for the team imo and have never seen it before at Ohio state. Try lining up two normal schools for a dual at Covelli with no event going on. Tom Ryan isn’t doing that unless he has big time talent wrestling in it and can use it to his advantage.

I take Bassett over Blaze for a couple reasons. One is that Bassett is an absolute bonus point machine and scores in bunches. I think maybe only one of his matches this year wasnt bonus. I think he will be bonusing matches through NCAA tournaments. His pace is so high he will break people and is nonstop offense. Blaze is a guy who wrestles closer matches and his bonus rate won’t be close to as high at Bassett’s in my opinion. I think of Blaze more like a welsh( more bonus then welsh but a defensive low scoring matches against elite guys) and Bassett like a David Taylor who will absolutely dominate in college. Bassett could end up scoring more points as runner up as Blaze does winning a title.

Number two I think there are way more studs in Blazes weights then there will be in Bassett’s weights in future. And Basset is more of an area of need for buckeyes. 133-141 are not needs in next three seasons. I would love to add Blaze as he will be very good but I just see Bassett as better and with less traffic around his weight. Bassett is doing all this while not even cutting really also. Even if Bassett got second at NCAA tournament he may score more than a champion Blaze. I don't see Bassett getting second too often however.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on August 25, 2024

I am not offering an NIL Wagyu brisket to recruit Bo Bassett.

The offer stands for Blaze.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on August 26, 2024

Great idea Hank. To sweeten the deal, I will fund a seasoning packet of your choice.

Scott Nicola added to this discussion on August 28, 2024

"

Quote from Brian Nicola's post:

"

"

While I'm here, Bassett is amazing, but I'd take Blaze between the two."

There is no coincidence that Mccort was chosen. Ohio state is going after about 4 kids from there but ecspecially Bassett. Graham was set up by Bo more than likely but has zero prospects that Ohio State is even considering other than room guys.

This is different than when Orange wrestled Gettysburg. They did that to increase attendance and promote the Buckeyes wrestling team probably to people who wouldn’t normally attend. Ohio state brought these kids to Covelli when there was no Ohio state dual. They wanted to show these kids the facilities and get their minds thinking Ohio State and what they have to offer. They would never do this for schools unless their were a big benefit for the team imo and have never seen it before at Ohio state. Try lining up two normal schools for a dual at Covelli with no event going on. Tom Ryan isn’t doing that unless he has big time talent wrestling in it and can use it to his advantage.

I take Bassett over Blaze for a couple reasons. One is that Bassett is an absolute bonus point machine and scores in bunches. I think maybe only one of his matches this year wasnt bonus. I think he will be bonusing matches through NCAA tournaments. His pace is so high he will break people and is nonstop offense. Blaze is a guy who wrestles closer matches and his bonus rate won’t be close to as high at Bassett’s in my opinion. I think of Blaze more like a welsh( more bonus then welsh but a defensive low scoring matches against elite guys) and Bassett like a David Taylor who will absolutely dominate in college. Bassett could end up scoring more points as runner up as Blaze does winning a title.

Number two I think there are way more studs in Blazes weights then there will be in Bassett’s weights in future. And Basset is more of an area of need for buckeyes. 133-141 are not needs in next three seasons. I would love to add Blaze as he will be very good but I just see Bassett as better and with less traffic around his weight. Bassett is doing all this while not even cutting really also. Even if Bassett got second at NCAA tournament he may score more than a champion Blaze. I don't see Bassett getting second too often however."

This is incorrect. Orange wrestled Gettysburg before and Ohio State dual. Also this wasn't 2 "normal schools". Orange is Nationally ranked and Gettsburg won Pennsylvania state team title.

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on August 28, 2024

Scott I wasn’t saying that in any disrespect to either of the girls programs as I’m sure they are both outstanding. I am simply stating that there was one and only one reason that Mccort and Graham wrestled at Covelli, especially since it was on a date that Ohio state was not wrestling. It was for recruiting purposes pure and simple.

Rob Wagner added to this discussion on August 28, 2024

Today Bassett eliminated Clarion, Little Rock and Minnesota from his list. 23 schools remain in contention.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on August 29, 2024

Quote from Rob Wagner's post:

"Today Bassett eliminated Clarion, Little Rock and Minnesota from his list. 23 schools remain in contention."

Wasn't long ago that Minny was the cream of the crop. They're still a good program; they just don't get the respect they deserve for the good work they do developing their talent.

Rob Wagner added to this discussion on September 4, 2024

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"

Quote from Rob Wagner's post:

"Today Bassett eliminated Clarion, Little Rock and Minnesota from his list. 23 schools remain in contention."

Wasn't long ago that Minny was the cream of the crop. They're still a good program; they just don't get the respect they deserve for the good work they do developing their talent."

They haven't been able to get that stellar recruiting class. A lot of very solid middle-of-the-road guys. Just not strong enough to break through the top teams in the BIG.

And with that. Bassett has his top 20 schools. American, North Carolina and Wisconsin are eliminated this week.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on September 9, 2024

Dom Munaretto, Michael Mocco and Deshaun Ross were recently in town for a recruiting visit.

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on September 10, 2024

Quote from Jim Kessen's post:

"Dom Munaretto, Michael Mocco and Deshaun Ross were recently in town for a recruiting visit."

All three please.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on September 11, 2024

Something about this whole "countdown" approach bothers me. I just haven't put my finger on the "why" yet...

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on September 11, 2024

Quote from Justin Hayes's post:

"Something about this whole "countdown" approach bothers me. I just haven't put my finger on the "why" yet..."

Because you're a curmudgeon. :)

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on September 12, 2024

Quote from Justin Hayes's post:

"Something about this whole "countdown" approach bothers me. I just haven't put my finger on the "why" yet..."

We were raised not to draw attention to ourselves and to let our actions do the talking.

However, social media has changed the world. Bassett is marketing himself as a wrestling commodity.

He certainly puts in the work. The countdown isn't to my taste personally but I'm confident he's not concerned about how I feel.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on September 20, 2024

Took this from another forum and agree with it.

One thing I took away from what Bo said during Flo video is one of his goals is to go to a school where he can change a program. If he means what he says, that’s not PSU. He’s just another cog in the National Champion wheel there. If he wants to change a program he’d have to go somewhere that is competing with PSU and help that program overtake them.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next