Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Discussion Topic: Transfer Portal
Mark Niemann added to this discussion on May 17, 2021

Quote from Ethan Moore's post:

"That is accurate, Mark.

If I'm Coach Ryan I'm leaning into D'Emilio. Coach him up. He looks like a (near) future AA to me."

Knees, shoulders, and brain - those three are tough to bounce back from at the D-I level. Finger, wrist, or even ankle are different. But those first three...brutal in terms of recovery to a former self.

And I really like D'Emilio. He's a straight scrapper. I'm stealing "lean into" in terms of coaching. Love it!

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on May 17, 2021

Yes Gomez stepped out of the sport but is now back in. He was quoted saying he thought the injuries and concussions were due to the weight cut and therefore will move up to 141. Also there is a reason clearly wanted to leave. Is the plan to wrestle paddy or sasso move up or a transfer. I don’t see any big names at 157. All the big names are 165 unfortunately. Tom shows he wants to win immediately and I feel after paddy winning some opens may pull the plug. And does anyone still know the story behind kinner? He is gone or coming back?

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on May 17, 2021

I'm more interested in why Cleary left. He had shown solid progress and was competitive with most comp at 157. Would have been nice to have had him for one more season while Gallagher shirts. Of the guys who transferred, he's the one that might bite the program in the butt. Will be interesting to see what he does at Pitt.

Scott Nicola added to this discussion on May 17, 2021

Quote from Nick Lecklider's post:

"Yes Gomez stepped out of the sport but is now back in. He was quoted saying he thought the injuries and concussions were due to the weight cut and therefore will move up to 141. Also there is a reason clearly wanted to leave. Is the plan to wrestle paddy or sasso move up or a transfer. I don’t see any big names at 157. All the big names are 165 unfortunately. Tom shows he wants to win immediately and I feel after paddy winning some opens may pull the plug. And does anyone still know the story behind kinner? He is gone or coming back?"

I agree that Paddy will eventually be the guy at 157. Good question on Kinner. I wonder if he will resurface at tOSU or somewhere else?

Pat Costilow added to this discussion on May 18, 2021

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Najee can help Kent. He projects in the 165-174 range."

I like this fit a lot.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on June 1, 2021

Gomez to Wisconsin

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on June 7, 2021

Ryan Thomas to Ohio state 157

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on June 7, 2021

^^^
If true, definitely means Paddy is redshirting. That's good.

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on June 8, 2021

Jason: Does it? Ryan Thomas' record over three years at Minnesota was about .500. I don't think he gets handed the spot over the nation's top recruit.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on June 8, 2021

I think Thomas has two years left of eligibility. We will see how this plays out.

I haven't seen this transfer announced. Where's this info coming from?

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on June 8, 2021

It’s all over the Minnesota boards and bucknuts. Thomas beat Elijah clearly 3-2 a few years back. Paddy wins I think easily. My guess is they start paddy in redshirt and see how he competes against the big dogs In opens before deciding what to do.

Rob Wagner added to this discussion on June 8, 2021

Nice transfer but like others had said he isn't exactly someone who is going to come in and vastly improve a team at any weight.

I think several posters on here get too red-shirt happy. The times are changing, let the best wrestler start regardless of age/class. I don't think Ryan Thomas is the better option over Paddy. If he's the best we will have at 157, then you start him. Cael wouldn't think twice.

Jason Fair added to this discussion on June 8, 2021

Is it possible we just recruited him to confuse people? Is it Ryan Thomas or Thomas Ryan? ????

Rob Wagner added to this discussion on June 9, 2021

A Fair assumption you make there, sir.

Quote from Jason Fair's post:

"Is it possible we just recruited him to confuse people? Is it Ryan Thomas or Thomas Ryan? ????"

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on June 17, 2021

Two guys that could help Buckeyes next year are Joey Silva and Matt Ramos. In the lighter weights. Joey Silva would be a top 20 guy out of Michigan but would have to sit behind micic. Matt ramos was a world champion a couple years back. Hasn’t wrestled any in college yet. Not sure if Buckeyes have any interest but two guys worth going after. They just entered recently

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next