Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Ohio Wrestling Radio
Ben Golden added to this discussion on November 24, 2009

Has this come and gone, or are there going to be more broadcasts soon? Also, what happened to the files of the old episodes?

I want more!

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Dan Ransick added to this discussion on November 24, 2009

Pat mentioned on here before that there were many issues regarding the studio that was used for the radio show.

I know the one instance we were going to do live coverage of Ironman they didn't even show to let Dan in for the equipment.

I enjoyed doing it a lot last year I know many people enjoyed listening to it.

Pat Costilow added to this discussion on November 25, 2009

There will be no Ohio Wrestling Radio this year. Dan pretty much hit the nail on the head- the studio was terrible. That incident with Ironman happened, and many other things of a similar nature.

We loved doing OWR, and hope that everybody enjoyed it. We tried to find a media outlet to do it again this year, with no luck. Other possibilities have been discussed, but nothing that met what we are looking for.

The real shame of it is this- The studio wanted us to go year round and asked us to continue to broadcast after the season was over. This was not feasible based on a two hour time block during to off season being very difficult to fill, and personal reasons (guy's gotta play golf). When we told them we would not be doing this, they took down the archive. What remains of the show is the four (I think it is four) episodes in their entirety that are availible at www.ohiowrestlingradio.com. They are the first shows we did, when we were very raw and the show didn't flow as well.

We felt the show got better every week, and we had amazing guests, all of whom we would like to thank greatly. The shame is that these shows are now gone, thanks to www.sportstalkcleveland.com (Might I add that I would suggest not supporting the "station" in any way, shape or form as they single handedly led to the downfall of OWR and in general treated us like crap while we were there). There were some amazing interviews and insights from our guests, and the interviews can not be recovered.

Dan and I would like to do this again next year, but finding a media outlet to broadcast a wrestling radio show isn't easy.

I would like to thank everybody who supported the show and made it such a pleasant experience. And a big thanks to all of our call in listeners and the interviewees- off the top of my head,

Jeff Jordan
David Taylor
John Gramuglia
Jim Andrassy
Collin Palmer- who was in studio with us for a whole show
Tom Ryan
Fred Feeney
Keith Manos
Anthony Windsor
Scott Goodpastor
Zeb Miller
Mark Niemann
Josh Lowe and his weekly time slot
Bob Pruesse
Patrick Campbell
Jude Roth
Jeff Cole
Mark Hawald
Frank Romano
Ben Stehura
oh yeah, and Ransick

I am sure there are many more who are slipping my mind, and for that I apologize. It was a great experience, and we hope to be able to bring it to you again.

John Joyce added to this discussion on November 25, 2009

Have you thought about doing it as a podcast? The only difference would be that you cant take phone calls, but you could try to interview in person and have your audio recorded and post it through the website. Might be a start...

Pat Costilow added to this discussion on November 25, 2009

We discussed that, yes. The big problem is just what you said- no phone calls. We felt that the interviews and phone calls from listeners were arguably the strength of the show.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on November 25, 2009

You might consider having interviewees/callers call in to a Skype number and record it right off your computer. I know there are free programs that record sound output from your computer. You could have the entire show recorded into your computer.

I don't want to keep pushing you guys if you really don't want to do it anymore, I just think OWR is one of the coolest things ever. Such good interviews and discussion...

Dan Cosimi added to this discussion on November 28, 2009

We LOVED doing Ohio Wrestling Radio.

It will be continued in some form. It's too great of an idea to keep away for very long. It might be us doing it, it might be someone else doing it, but either way I don't see the Ohio wrestling community going without a radio show for very long at all.

If you have any advice on how (podcasting, skyping, etc.), we'd love to have it!

► Add to the Discussion