Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: 2010 Rhino eXtreme & Rookie Tournament
Marty Bartram added to this discussion on December 17, 2009

30 January 2010 at the Crown Arena, Fayetteville, NC
What can you expect? The Belts, of course. Updated custom awards unlike anything provided at any other tournament for 2nd - 6th place, I guarantee you will be stunned by what we have done this year. Absolutely fantastic team awards. TREMENDOUS competition! Teams from MI, OH, VA, MD, WV, GA, SC, FL, AL and yes North Carolina! A three match guarantee. A bigger open division. A rookie division that provides the most level playing field for first and second year wrestlers that can be expected and in the atmosphere of an arena filled with competitive athletes on the path to becoming High School State Champions.

No card needed, what does that mean? It means if you are a USAW, NUWAY, NCAWAY member you get a discounted entry fee. It means increased participation as it decreases the overall entry cost for competitors which increases competition.

High School Coaches, if you do not have a match on 30 January 2010 come out and see the future of wrestling. You will see future High School State Champions bringing HEAT! See me the day of the tourney and I will get you a free floor pass.

What did people say about last year's eXtreme?

"This was our first year attending the Rhino eXtreme Tournament and we were blown away at how organized and well run the tournament was. We had a wonderful time and WILL be back next year." Tina & David Riddle (2009 Rhino eXtreme)

"You had excellent venue and the best awards I have seen..." LA Ruffin, GNWA (2009 Rhino eXtreme)

"You folks are a class act and we thank you for putting on a good show. We traveled down from Great Bridge VA and it was so much fun. This tournament was the best run tournament we have seen." Matt Starcher, Great Bridge (2009 eXtreme)

Weight classes, competition groups, and more are available at http://www.rhinowrestling.org/rhino_extreme.html

All eXtreme Champions are Awarded the Rhino eXtreme Belt
Custom Medals for 1st-6th place in eXtreme divisons
Rhino eXtreme Team Trophies awarded to 5th Place
*Rookie divisions do not count toward eXtreme team points however we will be awarding Rookie Team Trophies
Rookie Team Trophies awarded to top three teams
Medals to top 3 individual placers in Rookie Tournament
Outstanding Wrestler Awards for each eXtreme Division
Fastest/Most Combined Pins Award for eXtreme (championship side of the bracket only!)
Sportsmanship Awards for each eXtreme Division

2010 Border Wars Nationals Qualifier

PART OF NORTH CAROLINA'S TOP 50 CHALLENGE

PART OF THE 2009-2010 VIRGINIA TOP 100

PART OF TEAM PALMETTO'S 2009-2010 TOP 25

2010 TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS QUALIFER

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Marty Bartram added to this discussion on December 30, 2009

Make your hotel reservations online!

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/advancedsearch?whichtype=room&roomResult=none&hotelCode=fayso&quickRes=city&_GPC=RWE&_requestid=374361

Marty Bartram added to this discussion on January 6, 2010

I just finalized our awards order. Over $5000 worth of hardward on the way.

We changed up the custom placement medals.

Champions will get the belt and the hardware the 2nd - 6th place finishers get.

I really liked the cut out custom medals but...am very eXcited about the new medals or should I say custom belt buckles.
The 1st through 6th place awards will be custom belt buckles that double as medals. They are awarded on a traditional lanyard that can be worn around the neck but the lanyard can be removed and the award can be worn as a belt buckle.

Additionally we have upgraded the placement medals for the rookie tournament, no belt buckles sorry, but really nice medals.

► Add to the Discussion