Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3  Next

Discussion Topic: So let it be written, so let it be done
Derek Gainey added to this discussion on January 10, 2010

Coach Ryan has a problem that some coaches would love to have. He has 2 future all- americans at 157. This is Jamesons first year of college wrestling, due to his injury last year. Now that he proved that he can wrestle at the div 1 level, i say leave him in there, which will help the team this year as well as next year. If you sit a wrestler like Jameson for another year, it could hurt him as well the team .I think Nemac would be great at 149,collin palmer at 141, and Jameson at 157 (next year)

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 10, 2010

Derek: I like the enthusiasm but you have it reversed. Jameson looks like the one capable of a drop to 149. I'd love to see the Bucks with more depth like they have at this weight class. Bring in Tessari and Campolatano to go with Demas, Garcia and the Stiebers. Throw in Ian Miller too.

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on January 10, 2010

I'm not as quick to take the spot away from Nemec. This is not hating on Tony J, but he really didn't beat anyone this weekend. Grygelko, Bastings, and Swigart all have losing records. Sorensen is 9-4 against D1 comp and he beat Tony. None of these four were ranked.

I watched the Swigart match, he took Jameson down in the first, rode him the entire second, and made the fateful decision to take down in the third. He is currently 2-4.

Anyway, Coach Ryan and his staff will make the right decision, but I am more impressed with Nemec's results to date. (including a 6-0 W over Shuster, and very close losses to ranked foes)

They will both be solid in the long run, just making a case for Nemec.

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Derek: I like the enthusiasm but you have it reversed. Jameson looks like the one capable of a drop to 149. I'd love to see the Bucks with more depth like they have at this weight class. Bring in Tessari and Campolatano to go with Demas, Garcia and the Stiebers. Throw in Ian Miller too."

do you think he could make 149??? He was walking around at170 plus

Quote from Ethan Moore's post:

"I'm not as quick to take the spot away from Nemec. This is not hating on Tony J, but he really didn't beat anyone this weekend. Grygelko, Bastings, and Swigart all have losing records. Sorensen is 9-4 against D1 comp and he beat Tony. None of these four were ranked.

I watched the Swigart match, he took Jameson down in the first, rode him the entire second, and made the fateful decision to take down in the third. He is currently 2-4.

Anyway, Coach Ryan and his staff will make the right decision, but I am more impressed with Nemec's results to date. (including a 6-0 W over Shuster, and very close losses to ranked foes)

They will both be solid in the long run, just making a case for Nemec."

Ranking are a good measuring stick, but you have to look into the future of buckeye wrestling. Nemac isn't going to win a big ten, or national title this year, so i think it would be wise to put Jameson in the starting line up....Just a thought...

John Ice added to this discussion on January 10, 2010

So you think Jameson will win a Big Ten or National title this year? Remember, Nemec is only a sophomore.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on January 10, 2010

IMO the match w/Hofstra, where Nemec got an early TD, but by the end of his match with Bonilla-Bowman he was getting taken down at will, had to have prompted Ryan to reassess the 157 spot. Nemec had a redshirt year, then was a limited starter as a backup to Johnstone; it just seems like they were expecting a better performance from him at this stage of the game. Just my opinion. But like Derek says, this is a problem a lot of coaches would love to have.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on January 10, 2010

"Derek: I like the enthusiasm but you have it reversed. Jameson looks like the one capable of a drop to 149. I'd love to see the Bucks with more depth like they have at this weight class. Bring in Tessari and Campolatano to go with Demas, Garcia and the Stiebers. Throw in Ian Miller too."

I agree. I'm still hoping they manage to snag David Taylor back from PSU, as well.

Quote from John Ice's post:

"So you think Jameson will win a Big Ten or National title this year? Remember, Nemec is only a sophomore."

im not saying jameson will win a big ten title this year, but who has a better shot at winning. He will come in as a unseeded wrestler..( i think) and he is capable of beating a stud in the first or second round...what are your thoughts???....I love wrestling forums

Derek: The upper echelon guys at 157 do not easily get beaten with the type of funk we see from Tony J. Oh...it works. Ask Askren, Clark and others. But he's going to have to get much better at not giving up easy points before he's a serious AA candidate. What I liked about Jameson this weekend was the passion he brought each match. That, and, of course, the myriad ways he scores.

Right now, Nemec is a more well rounded wrestler. Give it time to sort itself out. If the coaches believe Tony gives them the better chance, they'll keep him out there. My guess is Nemec will be back in the lineup when healthy.

Mark Adelman added to this discussion on January 10, 2010

I agree Hank. While Nemec may be "boring" he will win more matches than Jameson-this year. But if Tony J wins the wrestle off, then let him wrestle!
I, for one know that in NCAA wrestling, winning the wrestle-off doesn't mean you are varsity. While this is an individual sport, the college coaches will decide who wrestles, regardless of the wrestle off winner.

"Derek: The upper echelon guys at 157 do not easily get beaten with the type of funk we see from Tony J. Oh...it works. Ask Askren, Clark and others. But he's going to have to get much better at not giving up easy points before he's a serious AA candidate. What I liked about Jameson this weekend was the passion he brought each match. That, and, of course, the myriad ways he scores.

Right now, Nemec is a more well rounded wrestler. Give it time to sort itself out. If the coaches believe Tony gives them the better chance, they'll keep him out there. My guess is Nemec will be back in the lineup when healthy."

im calling showtime so we can work on the pay-per view wrestle-off Jameson v nemac That would settle a lot of things....do you agree???

Derek: That's fine.

Rick Wasmer added to this discussion on January 12, 2010

We aren't going to bring in 3 guys from Monroeville , and not get Phillips too are we ?

Derek Gainey added to this discussion on January 14, 2010

Quote from Rick Wasmer's post:

"

We aren't going to bring in 3 guys from Monroeville , and not get Phillips too are we ?"

Chris Phillips is a jack of all trades. He has a future in football, track, and wrestling. At the div 1 level you might have to pick one sport. Maybe thats why he hasnt picked a school yet.

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3  Next