Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Need help from Dayton area for wrestling on TV
Cliff Cahill added to this discussion on October 27, 2007

We need a resident of Dayton to join Matside and submit weekly TV shows to local TV station. Dayton then gets all the programming Columbus now gets from Matside TV show seen every Wednesday from 9-11pm. You are sent DVD to take or mail to station. Your only reward is you get to keep the DVDs for your school or personal wrestling library.

Send me email if interested.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Cliff Cahill added to this discussion on October 30, 2007

no response - no weekly wrestling on TV in Dayton

someone out there would like to volunteer to take film to DATV and start a school library of these wrestling events by keeping the DVD once it is used by the broadcast station - could even be a duty of a wrestling stat or athletic booster member - be great if it was a coach

http://www.datv.org/2004DATV/AboutDATV/AboutDATV.htm

You may want to put this plea out in your network as this web site might not have a Dayton following.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on October 31, 2007

Cliff,

Is there anything I would need to do other than dropping off the video to DAY-TV? Is there a contact person or process I need to go through?

Let me know and I will see if I can help.

Scott Nicola added to this discussion on October 31, 2007

This is an outstanding show and would be worthwhile for someone to take the time to do this. OSU matches, great high school matches (Medina, senior nationals, state), as well as old international stuff. All this and great commentary from a wrestling legend.

Cliff Cahill added to this discussion on November 2, 2007

http://www.datv.org/2004DATV/Join%20DATV!/joindatv.htm

Justin, take a look at the web site. You might want to call and ask what you need to do to submit shows. I believe you will find you, a Dayton resident need to take the one evening orientation course, pay $10 initiation plus $25 membership fee. I believe three shows submitted at one time is required to start a series, weekly time slot for the shows. I will send you 3 Matside shows and every week I send you another show for you to take to the station. You get to keep all of the DVD shows when they return them to you. So, Justin take a close look and if you want to get involved and help out your Dayton area wrestlers then give Matside a call. The contact is information is on our web site.

Hope you can join the team.
Cliff

Cliff Cahill added to this discussion on November 12, 2007

need a booster club member or kids program coach or ... to be a Matside TV rep and put wrestling on your local community TV station - all volunteer work for wrestling but you get the DVD to keep for each show

Cliff Cahill added to this discussion on January 11, 2008

Matside can now be seen in Dayton on Time Warner Channel 20 thanks to volunteer who responded to this posting. This was the first week for the show. Did anyone catch the show?

The Matside web site posts the schedule for the various TV broadcast stations who carry Matside With Bob Dieli. Here are the times for DATV;
http://www.matsidewithbobdieli.com/index.php?sid=5ac91338ba44bb307ae6e06f0637f76d&cl=alist&cnid=7dc4744b37bdee406.94987972

We have some process tunning for the Dayton project so that one can go to the Matside site to find out what is playing in their city prior to the show. We have this process working for Columbus and Cleveland.

Thanks to the volunteer. She is actually also attempting to get another Public Access station in Datyon area to carry Matside.

Still no response for volunteer Matside rep for Cincinnatti area. Send me email if interested.

► Add to the Discussion