Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Good Dustin Schlatter Article
William Danforth added to this discussion on April 13, 2012

Nice discussion with Dustin.
http://intermatwrestle.com/articles/10032

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Ben Golden added to this discussion on April 13, 2012

I <3 Dustin Schlatter!

Roe Fox added to this discussion on April 13, 2012

If that picture against the Indian is from 2009 he needed to drop to 66. He looks like he is up two weights there.

Good luck to him and C.P..

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on April 13, 2012

Dustin and C.P. were astonishing talents while competing in high school in Ohio.

Their careers--both their accomplishments and failings--gives one an idea of how hard it is to continue to have success as one moves up to new levels. It's also important to remember that C.P. and Dustin both suffered a lot of significant injuries in their careers. Those had a huge impact on what they did--and didn't--accomplish.

We're spoiled in Ohio. The Schlatters would be unforgettably good in most other states. In Ohio, they've already been surpassed by Taylor and Logan. Such is the nature of things.

Mark Palumbo added to this discussion on April 16, 2012

Hank, I do think Dustin's run as a true freshman was one of the most exciting things I've ever seen. he was heads and shoulders better than anyone else around him.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on April 16, 2012

Quote from Mark Palumbo's post:

"Hank, I do think Dustin's run as a true freshman was one of the most exciting things I've ever seen. he was heads and shoulders better than anyone else around him."

Which is quite impressive considering the weight class, the returners and the talent level of Zach Esposito. (Here is their second encounter... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNMW3CIW-1U)

I had dial-up when this was uploaded. I hit the "upload" button, left for about 45 minutes, returned and watched it. Unbelievable.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on April 16, 2012

Just typed up a detailed description of my 8-year man crush on Dustin Schlatter, but then thought better of posting it. I know this is supposed to be a safe place to discuss emotional fanboyism, but I guess I'm not quite ready to lay it all out there yet.

To sum it up... his career--the aura of invincibility that surrounded him in his high school career and the way he impossibly carried that dominance into D1 competition as a true freshman--is the reason that I became a college wrestling fan.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on April 17, 2012

Ben! Come on!? Lay it all out there, brother! If some of us - okay, maybe just me - have not shown that you can still continue on with life even AFTER admitting such prolific fandom, I can honestly say, I'm not sure what it will take!?!

I mean, hey, Tommy is still alive after all these years. (ps: Great news! The loan I had to take out in order to go to Iowa City was approved! The best part of the deal was the allocated funds for posting bail after violating the restraining order!!!)

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on April 17, 2012

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"Ben! Come on!? Lay it all out there, brother! If some of us - okay, maybe just me - have not shown that you can still continue on with life even AFTER admitting such prolific fandom, I can honestly say, I'm not sure what it will take!?!

I mean, hey, Tommy is still alive after all these years. (ps: Great news! The loan I had to take out in order to go to Iowa City was approved! The best part of the deal was the allocated funds for posting bail after violating the restraining order!!!)"

Mark is the poster child for obsessive fan that still lives a normal (well somewhat normal) life. :)

► Add to the Discussion