Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3  Next

Discussion Topic: The Bo Jordan Interview--courtesy of BuckeyeWrestling.com
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on June 15, 2012

http://www.buckeyewrestling.com/?q=node/44359

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Ben Golden added to this discussion on June 15, 2012

Article... meant for it to go up this morning: http://www.buckeyewrestling.com/?q=node/44360

Christopher Henderson added to this discussion on June 16, 2012

Thanks for posting these! This really is great news. I didn't really believe it was true until I saw the video for myself. Bo seems like a good kid with a positive attitude. I guess Graham's shunning of tOSU is finally at an end! I can't wait to watch the Buckeyes for the next few years!

Jack Muni added to this discussion on June 18, 2012

What I love about Bo, like the Monroeville guys, he can ride all day. And he likes to use that "Lance Palmer power half", which can be brutal. Logan showed us this year vs. Ramos, how important the ability to ride can be in a close college match.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on June 18, 2012

Bo Jordan struck me as determined, focused, hard working, sincere and smart. He has all the qualities one wants in a major stud recruit. Just as Logan's attitude is as good as his talent, Bo seems like a similar sort. Huge pick up for Ohio State for a lot of important reasons.

My only question--does he redshirt as a true frosh? We know how Coach Ryan has operated in the past--but Papa Jordan might have some thoughts on the matter. Idle speculation on my part. It's a long ways off and we have no way to know at this point what will make the most sense.

Freddy Carr added to this discussion on June 19, 2012

My favorite quote:

"One of the big reasons I chose (Ohio State) is because they're hungry. They haven't won that team national title yet and they're hungry for it. They want to win. They're on the rise."

Marlo Stanfield added to this discussion on June 19, 2012

My favorite is when he said the difference between tOSU & PSU is that PSU was "too relaxed" and that when he steps on the mat he "wants to know he did everything possible to win the match" and he felt that was at tOSU. Very focused individual, Bob please get Chance Marsteller to come to the Iron Man, I might put my money on Bo! Any big recruits for KSU, OU & CSU?

Gary Sommers added to this discussion on June 19, 2012

Quote from Marlo Stanfield's post:

"My favorite is when he said the difference between tOSU & PSU is that PSU was "too relaxed" and that when he steps on the mat he "wants to know he did everything possible to win the match" and he felt that was at tOSU. Very focused individual, Bob please get Chance Marsteller to come to the Iron Man, I might put my money on Bo! Any big recruits for KSU, OU & CSU?"

I am sure Sanderson will lose sleep over what a 17 year old thinks of his athletes' level of preparation.

And no, no breaking news. Stil not enough accountability at ohio state.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on June 19, 2012

Quote from Gary Sommers's post:

"

"My favorite is when he said the difference between tOSU & PSU is that PSU was "too relaxed" and that when he steps on the mat he "wants to know he did everything possible to win the match" and he felt that was at tOSU. Very focused individual, Bob please get Chance Marsteller to come to the Iron Man, I might put my money on Bo! Any big recruits for KSU, OU & CSU?"

I am sure Sanderson will lose sleep over what a 17 year old thinks of his athletes' level of preparation.

And no, no breaking news. Stil not enough accountability at ohio state."

or from you.

Steve Lester added to this discussion on June 19, 2012

"too relaxed"

This brings to mind the video of Tom Ryan in the back hallway in St. Louis.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on June 19, 2012

Quote from James Kessen's post:

"

"

or from you."

Bingo.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on June 19, 2012

Quote from James Kessen's post:

"

"

or from you."

Bingo.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on June 19, 2012

"My favorite is when he said the difference between tOSU & PSU is that PSU was "too relaxed" and that when he steps on the mat he "wants to know he did everything possible to win the match" and he felt that was at tOSU."

I'm confident the PSU guys have done everything necessary to win. Their two national titles prove it. When watching them I like their relaxed have fun attitude. That can't be said about many other teams.

Gary Sommers added to this discussion on June 19, 2012

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

"

"My favorite is when he said the difference between tOSU & PSU is that PSU was "too relaxed" and that when he steps on the mat he "wants to know he did everything possible to win the match" and he felt that was at tOSU."

I'm confident the PSU guys have done everything necessary to win. Their two national titles prove it. When watching them I like their relaxed have fun attitude. That can't be said about many other teams."

Bingo.

Freddy Carr added to this discussion on June 19, 2012

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

"

I'm confident the PSU guys have done everything necessary to win. Their two national titles prove it. When watching them I like their relaxed have fun attitude. That can't be said about many other teams."

Agreed. I enjoy watching those kids wrestle. I also enjoy watching the OSU kids wrestle. Bo acknowledged in his interview that the PSU style has worked extremely well for them, while also realizing that the PSU style just wasn't for him personally and that the OSU style was a better fit in his case.

There is usually more than one way to get something done. Props to Bo for recognizing the difference in styles between the schools and choosing the one that best fits his personality. Can't wait to watch him wrestle for OSU.

Last edited by Freddy Carr on June 19, 2012; edited 1 time in total

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3  Next