Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: My rematch with Fairborn (now with music!)
Anthony Windsor II added to this discussion on January 14, 2008

Just follow the link and comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpkmM9OL57Y

Thank you!

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 15, 2008

Would you suck him back the next time he sits out? I can't stand watching you miss out on that opportunity to stick him.

You could be a very good wrestler if you improved your basic techniques and got more aggressive on your feet.

Dan Cosimi added to this discussion on January 15, 2008

First, that was a nice shot. I would have liked to see more penetration but what you did was fine. What made that work is the timing (you went when he reached). Keeping your hips high will help you alot on finishing that takedown - he wouldn't have been able to lock in your crotch and you would have gotten a takedown instead of a stalemate.

Again, nice low shot. This time it appears you secured a double, which is great. Ideally, again, you'd want penetration but it wasn't a problem for you here. This time you did a great job of cutting the corner, getting your hips up, and climbing up his body to secure the takedown. When you got your two, he was immediately looking to get out and you were half a second behind. Make sure you go from your takedown right into a breakdown. When he sat out I saw you did suck him back a little. Keep doing it and he'll be on his back. In fairness though, he did a very nice job escaping there.

When you get back in the neutral position make sure you keep your knees bent and be ready to attack immediately. Your half-shot attempt was from too far out, a better wrestler will catch you with a front headlock there. Then you bounced around a little (make sure you circle, don't back straight up). Then you shot in for real and again it was from way too far out and you got no penetration. He did get a sprawl and a partial lock but your athleticism allowed you to keep working to a double, which you did a great job of finishing. Again on top, make sure you break him down first. If what you're doing isn't working after a few seconds, switch to a different breakdown. He can't cover all parts of his body at once. After he sat out, there was a golden opportunity to suck him back to his back. After you reset you did a good job of getting the first move and breaking him down. Nice job getting that bulldog. Again you found yourself in a postion where you could suck him back to his back, but he squirmed away for the escape.

Same situation here. You shot from a little too far out but you finished because you're quicker and stronger. He sat out and squirmed. After you reset you tried that optional start to a cradle and he did a good job getting away.

When you get back to neutral, realize a few things: he's pressuring in hard and you can use that to your advantage, he's not in a good stance like he might have been at the beginning, and you must not back straight up (circle instead). Then he tried a high crotch from way too far out and you caught him with a front headlock. From there you did a great job of finishing and a really nice job on top.

In the final series he was already mentally defeated and you took full advantage of that by getting an easy takedown right to a cradle and a pin. Great finish there.

Anthony Windsor II added to this discussion on January 15, 2008

Thank you Dan.
Despite what it might of seemed like, I was trying to suck him back but he did a nice job of keeping his back straight (if you look closely you can see me trying to pull him down but he did a nice job of avoiding it.)

I was really happy after I beat him because either he or, more likely, someone else on his team commented on the first video and implied that he would beat me <crazy> , and their team was going to win. (However me and my team came out victorious)

► Add to the Discussion