Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Rocco Welsh Commits
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on October 16, 2021

Bucks picked up a good one from PA. Any thoughts?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: Rocco Welsh Commits
Jared Ball added to this discussion on October 17, 2021

I haven’t been paying super close attention, so Who’s number one was the first time I saw Welch wrestle. I believe he is registered for Super 32. He’s a PA kid that trains out of the young guns club (as did Spencer, Kemerer, and Nolf among others). His club coach gave a small interview to David Bray for Flo in early September talking about Rocco. From what I gleaned from the interview, two years ago he was 120lbs so he has gone through a rather big spurt to be up at 170. The coach went on to talk about his kitchen sink offensive style and great motor. Sounds like he will continue to get bigger, maybe a 174/184 guy in two years? #2 overall 170 in the country as a Junior. I’m sure he will be a big board guy come next year. He will be in it to win four PA titles, and his only recent loss was to Gabe Arnold in a competitive match. I’ll have to keep an eye out moving forward. Curious if he will be at Iron Man. Bucks seem to be on a nice little roll here with Welch and Bousakis commits. If they land Mendes and Kilkirrey it will be the recruiting coup of the decade.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

► Add to the Discussion