Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next

Discussion Topic: Buckeyes land another top 20 recruit!
Rob Wagner added to this discussion on November 5, 2021

Vinny Kilkeary out of you guessed it..........Pennsylvania.

The junior is currently ranked #17 overall and last I saw was ranked #3 at 113.

Tom, A Ralph & co. do it again adding another solid lower weight piece joining Rocco Welsh in the '23 class. let's keep it rolling!

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Brian Mathews added to this discussion on November 5, 2021

I like Kilkeary a lot. Looks like he could be the long-term answer at 125. He'll be a fan favorite with his style... there aren't too many lightweights that like to go big.

And, OSU has a good track record with guys from Latrobe (Pletcher, Smith).

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on November 5, 2021

Was getting a little worried. It had been a few days since their last commitment.

Rob Wagner added to this discussion on November 5, 2021

HAHA!

One thing that sticks out is that he seems to wrestling in several events in the off-season, always looking to improve.

I still don't know much about this Gonzales kid, curious to see if they plan to slot him into 133 or will he be battling for 125 with Kilkeary these next few years.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on November 5, 2021

Win : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6FUSyHHWzA

Loss : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp7MncS_rvQ

Interview : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q8NSZJ52lc

Buckeye : https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-wrestling/2021/11/126454/wrestling-no-17-vinny-kilkeary-commits-to-ohio-state-becoming-the-latest-in-a-string-of-pennsylvania-hammers-to

Jared Ball added to this discussion on November 5, 2021

Between Welch and Kilkeary 2023 looks pretty bright as well. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a team get on a recruiting roll like this. I know they’ve probably put months, and perhaps years of time in just to get to this point, but my lord what a haul in a short period of time.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on November 5, 2021

Ryan a 'cruitin fool lately, he told me hes making a home at Jody Strittmaters Young Guns (Spencer Lee's club) in Western PA. Its paying off in spades.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on November 5, 2021

Any objective reasons why tOSU has garnered such a tremendous recruiting class?

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on November 5, 2021

The lack of "super" seniors with the additional COVID year means that they have more scholarship money available this year than other schools.

Jared Ball added to this discussion on November 6, 2021

I agree with Jason. I think timing plays a roll as well. This 5th year senior class was a solid but not massive class. The recruiting class behind it was huge though. Sasso, Hoffman, Jaden Mattox, Kirklevet, Malik, Rocky, etc. Thats a big chunk of the team that would’ve been slotted to move on (prior to Covid). In subsequent years the classes have been much lighter, especially last year. Perhaps the biggest factor, IMO, is momentum that gets built by snagging a big time recruit that others want to be around. Success breeds success. Kids want to be in the room with other great kids. Even though Mendes and Bousakis are massive recruits I think Feldman is the game changer for the class. He may end up being one of those guys that rolls in on day one and has a tipping point effect on the program. When they snagged him it started the tidal wave in the Bucks favor. It’s also surprising to me that Shumate seems to be the forgotten guy in all this. I think he’s a guy that can make extreme jumps in ability once he gets into that room and culture. Should be an incredible next couple of years.

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on November 6, 2021

Jason: Please explain why that would make a difference. Best I can tell, if OSU had no super seniors or 10 super seniors, the same scholarship money for these recruits would be available by the time they arrive to school.

Jared Ball added to this discussion on November 7, 2021

So….Nick Feldman just made the finals of the Clarion open, before forfeiting in the finals. Let me repeat that…Nick Feldman, a senior in high school, wrested college 285 lbers, A “mans weight”, and made the finals. He beat the #24 heavy weight in the country, who was a two time NCAA qualifier in the quarters, and waxed Pitts starter by major in the semis. Game changer.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on November 7, 2021

I recently and briefly talked to Coach Ryan. Concerning Feldman he said "He's special." Two words, seemingly weak with thrust. However, the way he said made all the difference. I'm really, really looking forward to this year. Bt next year and beyond - woof!

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on November 9, 2021

Willie just tweeted bucks are signing another recruit today. My guess is it’s Barr from MI and is #2 160.

Sean Koran added to this discussion on November 9, 2021

Quote from Jim Kessen's post:

"Willie just tweeted bucks are signing another recruit today. My guess is it’s Barr from MI and is #2 160."

Think it’s Geog.

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next