Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Ohio U. early signing period
Ethan Moore added to this discussion on November 17, 2021

Morning.

OU has signed 3 athletes that I have confirmed, I hear there may be a 4th but haven't seen confirmation so won't share.

Mason Brugh, Wadsworth. Heading into his senior season, Brugh is already a 3X SQ, placing 4th as a freshman and 3rd last season. I like this one a lot, the Wadsworth pedigree is meaningful and it appears he finished around 35-2 last season. Looking at this state tournament, outside of his 3-1 loss to the eventual champ, he won his other 5 matches by a combined score of 51-5. Mercy! Projects to 141 would be my guess.

Pierce Taylor, Archbishop McNicholas. Entering his senior season, Taylor is coming off a State 3rd a junior. His loss in the semis was to Casey Barnett from Edison in OT, a match where Taylor was winning by 1 with 3 seconds left and was hit with stalling. He won the rest of his matches at state handily. I know he was also a SQ as a freshman. Reading a quick bio, he appears to be a 3-sport athlete, which I think is great. Looks like a 157 prospect.

Austin Starr, Indian Creek. Starr was a SQ as a SO at 182 and placed 3rd last year at 195. I can't find much else on Starr, but via the announcement by OU's Twitter he has a tattoo, which can only mean good things for his wrestling future. Looks like an 84/97.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Side note:

If any CSU or KSU fans have similar detail on their recruits, I'd appreciate hearing about them.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 17, 2021

If OU can keep Hunter Stieber on board, it should pay dividends with recruiting.

OK, one more to add.

Derek Raike, Point Pleasant, West Virginia. Entering his senior season, Raike is a 3X WV state champ. He was also a Fargo Greco AA and NHSCA AA. Looks like a 49/57.

► Add to the Discussion