Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Buckeye roster question for the future
Rob Wagner added to this discussion on December 3, 2021

With COVID, Olympics, and the " free year" of eligibility all happening within the last 2 or so years; I have no idea which "grade" any of these gentleman are in anymore.

Does anyone know who on the Buckeyes roster is actually considered a senior right now, as in, this is their absolute last year they are eligible to wrestle for the Buckeyes? I know the Bucks have a great class coming in next year, but the experience on any roster is always key.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Brian Mathews added to this discussion on December 3, 2021

Quote from Rob Wagner's post:

"With COVID, Olympics, and the " free year" of eligibility all happening within the last 2 or so years; I have no idea which "grade" any of these gentleman are in anymore.

Does anyone know who on the Buckeyes roster is actually considered a senior right now, as in, this is their absolute last year they are eligible to wrestle for the Buckeyes? I know the Bucks have a great class coming in next year, but the experience on any roster is always key."

The answer is essentially none. Romero, Smith, and Orndorff were redshirt juniors last year, and thus redshirt juniors again this year (from an eligibility perspective). Malik was a true junior, so he's on the same trajectory as them, although he still has a redshirt he could use in theory.

All of them will be eligible to come back next year, if they so choose. Wouldn't be surprised if any of the 6th year guys decide to move on, particularly if they achieve individual goals this year.

If I recall correctly, Romero finished undergrad in 3 years, so is probably wrapping up his masters program this year. If that's the case, I wouldn't expect him to return.

Rob Wagner added to this discussion on December 3, 2021

Thanks Brian

► Add to the Discussion