Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Nice Article on Okie State Football Coaches Respect for Wrestling
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 4, 2021

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32770530/why-mike-gundy-loves-finding-ex-wrestlers-oklahoma-state-defense

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: Nice Article on Okie State Football Coaches Respect for Wrestling
Roe Fox added to this discussion on December 9, 2021

I always thought Grundy was sort of a nutcase with many of his antics but he clearly had some chops in wrestling.

Or did wrestling make him a nutcase?

Jeff Streu added to this discussion on December 10, 2021

I'm traveling for work right now and I think I just spotted an Okie State wrestler in the Houston airport. The cowboys logo on his jacket and the huge ears were a dead giveaway.

Edit: just boarded my flight home and the same wrestler just boarded with Coach Perry. I'm assuming they're going to the CSU Open tomorrow.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on December 10, 2021

I wonder if he's scouting at Ironman? I find it hard to believe they would travel all the way to CSU Open for one wrestler??? No Okie State team member shows as entered. Ohio State has 6 entered, and none of them are Gallagher, what's up with that. We have seen him in only one open so far. ??? Anyone with some insight?

Jack Muni added to this discussion on December 10, 2021

Quote from Jack Muni's post:

"I wonder if he's scouting at Ironman? I find it hard to believe they would travel all the way to CSU Open for one wrestler??? No Okie State team member shows as entered. Ohio State has 6 entered, and none of them are Gallagher, what's up with that. We have seen him in only one open so far. ??? Anyone with some insight?"

I just saw Gallaghers name listed for the CSU Open. And there is an Angelo Ferrari entered in the Ironman, who I assume is A.J. Ferrari's brother, and that would explain why Perry was coming to Ohio.

► Add to the Discussion