Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Bucks at CSU Open
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 11, 2021

https://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/buckeyes-send-five-to-cleveland-state-open/

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jack Muni added to this discussion on December 11, 2021

I was hoping Gonzales would be there, these are the kind of matches a RS needs.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 12, 2021

Is anyone who looked at the results going to state the obvious? Or am I going to have to open my big mouth as usual?

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on December 12, 2021

I don’t know what you want people to say but looking at the results paddy is not performing to a number one p4p status. Too many close matches against not top tier opponents. I hope this is due to injury but a redshirt is definitely needed on him to say the least. I thought he was an immediate impact guy but as of now needs to make leaps and improvements to be in that conversation.

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on December 12, 2021

I looked yesterday and the results for the Bucks meant one thing to me, keep Paddy in RS this year.

Also, looks like that school up north is going to make it a three team race in March. I'll try to do a breakdown this week of where Iowa, PSU and tsun all stand.

At the Pitt match today. Bucks should win, but an upset with losing the toss ups could make it close. My prediction is Bucks win 125, 149, 157, 165, 174, 184 and 285.

They could win 141 as well.

They could also lose 125, 133, 141, 157, 165 and 197.

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on December 12, 2021

Paddy losing to a tomato can from Buffalo is the latest in a series of results that raise a little concern. He stays in redshirt. But I'm still confident in his long term success. After all, he was the No. 1 overall recruit. Those guys are usually okay.

St. Ed's superstars tend to boom or bust in college. Dean Heil, Lance Palmer, Ryan Lang and Chris Honeycutt were fantastic. Sean Nemec, Collin Palmer, Jamie Clark and Matt Koz had problems.

I think Paddy ends up part of the first group.

Doug Gainous added to this discussion on December 12, 2021

IMO- St Ed's is so good at getting kids to their potential there isn't much left in the curve till the wrestler reaches their peak.

I think that's why I admire what Cael does at Penn St. He seems to be able to take these elite high school phenoms and get them to another level.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 12, 2021

I remember Kaleb Romero having a lot of tight wins against back ups as a true frosh. It took him some time but he has emerged as a stud. Let's hope the same is true for Paddy. In fairness, this is a small sample size. More to come, I'm sure.

Rob Wagner added to this discussion on December 12, 2021

Drew I have to strongly disagree here. You say boom or bust but leave out guys who consistently perform for schools like Columbia, Virginia, Northwestern, and multiple D2/3 schools on FULL RIDES. The "busts" you mention, the few that there are named, were held back mostly due to injuries. Make fair assumptions when comparing high school superstars to college success against other high schools. Oh wait, there aren't any around you can make that comparison with.

Quote from Drew Taylor's post:

"Paddy losing to a tomato can from Buffalo is the latest in a series of results that raise a little concern. He stays in redshirt. But I'm still confident in his long term success. After all, he was the No. 1 overall recruit. Those guys are usually okay.

St. Ed's superstars tend to boom or bust in college. Dean Heil, Lance Palmer, Ryan Lang and Chris Honeycutt were fantastic. Sean Nemec, Collin Palmer, Jamie Clark and Matt Koz had problems.

I think Paddy ends up part of the first group."

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on December 13, 2021

I am guessing this is an injury or weight cut problem with paddy. He beat fields 3-2 this weekend and six months ago was bonusing him. This is not the best version of himself right now whatever it is.

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on December 13, 2021

Rob, my analysis looked only at what I consider to be blue chip recruits, superstars who could have gone almost anywhere.

For every top recruit from Ed's who went on to have success in college (Dom Abounader, Nic Sulzer, Ryan Bertin) there's a top recruit who didn't quite pan out (Edgar Bright, Brian Roddy, Mark Moos).

► Add to the Discussion