Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: B10 Tickets
Jim Fox added to this discussion on December 15, 2021

This year the tournament is being held at the Pinnacle Bank Arena on the Nebraska campus(or close to it). Tickets are on sale now as a pre-sale only available to Nebraska season ticket holders. Each person can buy up to 8 tickets. They go sale to the public on Friday. I called today and talked to a person at the arena. She was very informative and helpful. As of today she didn't know if there was going to be assigned team sections. Tickets are being sold on ticketmaster.

During some research I found on the Iowa forum that they were buying tickets already. Somehow someone got the code to enter to be able to purchase tickets. With the code you purchase up to 8 tickets.

I'm going to wait till Friday to see if team sections will be available. Most of lower bowl seats are already gone.

How the B10 is handling the ticket sales is once again just wrong. What happened at Rutgers 2 years ago was terible.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Don Bork added to this discussion on December 15, 2021

I agree that the way it was handled at Rutgers was a shame and now it looks to be happening again. I’ve attended the B1G championship nearly all of the last 15 years and have always purchased all session tickets at face value. If this is the new normal, with the host school selling all the tickets to home fans so they can be sold at ridiculous markups maybe I’m done. Maybe I’m showing my age. Guess I can sign up for big ten plus for one month and watch it on the tube, sad.

Mark Cummings added to this discussion on December 15, 2021

The whole event at Rutgers was garbage. From the $50 per session parking to the bleacher seating at the top of the aging arena, it was awful. Not surprised that Nebraska is screwing every other fan base. Penn State was going to sell out their arena to their own fans last year if fans would have been allowed. I’m going to attempt getting tickets and enjoy the event if I’m able to go. If not I’ll do what Don suggested. I’ve been banging the drum for holding the wrestling championships in Indianapolis every year but my kids don’t listen to me let alone some higher up at the conference. The schools always eff up the ticket allocation and until the conference steps in and says enough it’ll continue.

Don Bork added to this discussion on December 17, 2021

FYI, Big Ten all session tickets are available. Go to the husker site to be redirected to ticket master or directly to ticket master for face value price tickets. Several after market sites are reselling tickets at 3 to 10 times face value. Doesn’t appear to be any school blocks. Good luck.

Jared Ball added to this discussion on December 19, 2021

I listened to a whole podcast on this kinda stuff. Entire secondary ticketing industries have popped up that use software to gobble up tickets to any and all events. We regular humans can’t beat the algorithms. They then mark them up and make a tidy profit with little leg work. Scalping has been modernized. It happens with anything that has a demand.

► Add to the Discussion