Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: OU notes - and Sal Perrine
Ethan Moore added to this discussion on December 15, 2021

My thoughts a month into the season:

- Sal Perrine (Nordonia) seems like the real deal. This dude goes hard non-stop for 7 minutes. Very good on his feet, his lone loss is to Smith (wasn't close, 13-7). He's currently 13-1.

- OU has another true FR starter who has performed well, Zayne Lehman (Revere). He's currently 14-2 at 184.

- Another surprise for me is Jordan Slivka who is currently 15-2 at 157. Some decent wins in there, but he did lose to Hepner.

- The Hagan brothers have wrestled well at 41 and 49. Alec at 149 is 15-2, he was thrown and pinned by Moore from Clarion and lost pretty bad to Sasso, 12-3.

- I think Guillen will be the starter at 33, but Gio (Central District) has wrestled very well. He's currently 10-2 and I like watching him wrestle. He attacks on his feet.

- Similar situation at 97, where I think Carson Brewer will be the starter (back this week) but Jordan Greer (Avon) has filled in admirably.

- Oscar Sanchez is a goer and hanging in there at 125. Currently 9-5.

Overall I think this team is much improved. Health, as with any team, is key.

Side note - not sure what's going on at WVU but OU beat them handily. It wasn't pretty.

It makes me think - a lot of good Ohio kids go to mediocre programs out of state (Maryland, Indiana, etc). I get the allure of wrestling in big conferences, but I think from a wrestling perspective OU, Cleveland State and Kent are solid options and offer similar if not better development options. Just my two cents.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on December 15, 2021

One more note. They signed Derek Raike from West Virginia. He placed 3rd at the Ironman at 150 and that dude goes hard. Fun to watch. Lots of impressive wins last weekend.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 16, 2021

OU seems to be having a nice bounce back. Good recruits always help.

► Add to the Discussion