Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Flowrestling fees
Jack Muni added to this discussion on January 3, 2022

Can anyone help me with this problem. Last month I bought a monthly subscription with Flo to watch upcoming matches and picked the $12.50/monthly package. Now I get my credit card statement and they charged the yearly fee of $160.13. Has anyone had a similar problem with these people? It seems like a simple process, either monthly or yearly???

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on January 3, 2022

I’m 99.9999999% positive that it’s charged by the year. They break down the advertised price as the “by month” amount.

Don Bork added to this discussion on January 3, 2022

I recently signed up expecting to be charged monthly, but the full years fee was charged.

Jeff Streu added to this discussion on January 3, 2022

This has probably been the #1 gripe I've seen people make about Flo for the last several years. I've been a subscriber for the last 5 years, and I knew the total price going in but I don't mind too much because I watch their content often. The advertising for their pricing scheme is somewhat sketchy, and it probably is spelled out in the fine print somewhere before the checkout, but I understand people's frustration.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on January 3, 2022

I found the BBB site that has over 300 complaints this year, and a lot are the same problem I laid out. They (Flo) won't respond to the BBB questions according to the website.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on January 4, 2022

Like Jeff I understood the yearly fee because of complaints I have seen on other forums; however, it seems very dishonest to even advertise a monthly fee if it is only billed yearly.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on January 4, 2022

I've seen other businesses do the same thing. Flo is not the only/first to do such a thing.

As a matter of fact, I think my iFit account stated "the same as a monthly gym membership" and "$35/month". Guess who drops $360.87 each January??? This guy.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on January 4, 2022

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"I've seen other businesses do the same thing. Flo is not the only/first to do such a thing.

As a matter of fact, I think my iFit account stated "the same as a monthly gym membership" and "$35/month". Guess who drops $360.87 each January??? This guy."

Yeah, but you have all that NIL $ to afford the things us Average Joe’s can’t.... :)

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on January 4, 2022

Quote from Justin Hayes's post:

"

Yeah, but you have all that NIL $ to afford the things us Average Joe’s can’t.... :)"

Hmmm...This ***IS*** true.

#MakeItRain

Jim Behrens added to this discussion on January 4, 2022

Even though this doesn't directly address this specific issue, Flo has lots of other sports on their platform as well. Since I am a cyclist, the cycling coverage is actually of more interest to me. Between it and the wrestling coverage, it makes it worth the yearly fee.
Just my $.02.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 4, 2022

As a wrestling junkie, I pay the yearly fee. I grimace just like I do when I pay my annual Amazon Prime fee and my Sirius XM fee. But it's a lot of content for about 13/month. I've wasted a lot of money on bad movies and Browns tix over the years.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on January 4, 2022

Jim/Hank, The content is great, no question, but if they offer a monthly subscription I expect them to honor it. I was planning on dropping the subscription from May-Oct. and picking it back up in November. When one chooses monthly and they nail you with the yearly without knowing it til the credit card statement comes, that's where I have a problem. I called the phone number that was on my statement and got a message saying they cannot take calls at this time and to go to the internet support page, which I will do. It just isn't a great business practice to have this kind of stuff happen over a simple subscription issue IMO, and not being able to talk with a customer service rep in person.

Jim Behrens added to this discussion on January 4, 2022

Quote from Jack Muni's post:

"Jim/Hank, The content is great, no question, but if they offer a monthly subscription I expect them to honor it. I was planning on dropping the subscription from May-Oct. and picking it back up in November. When one chooses monthly and they nail you with the yearly without knowing it til the credit card statement comes, that's where I have a problem. I called the phone number that was on my statement and got a message saying they cannot take calls at this time and to go to the internet support page, which I will do. It just isn't a great business practice to have this kind of stuff happen over a simple subscription issue IMO, and not being able to talk with a customer service rep in person."

No disagreement from this corner at all. I agree with you 100%.
If I didn't care for the other stuff I watch, I would be just as upset as you.
BTW, I dropped NBC Gold a couple of years ago for similar reasons.
Jim

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 4, 2022

Jack--you're right.

► Add to the Discussion