Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Purple Raider Open
Jack Muni added to this discussion on January 16, 2022

Several Bucs won today: 133-Gonzales, 157- Hubbard, Gallagher 2nd, 174-Hall 2nd, 184-Jordan, Bell 2nd. There were forfeits in the finals at 157, 174 & 184. My guess is they wanted to head back to Columbus before the winter storm arrived. I was surprised Hubbard was there considering he just wrestled on Friday.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Don Bork added to this discussion on January 18, 2022

I watched several of the Buckeyes matches on Flo. There was not much higher level competition to challenge TOSU. But it did, at least, give them the opportunity to compete against others outside the Buckeyes room.

Jared Ball added to this discussion on January 18, 2022

I'm assuming Hubbard v. Gallagher was a forfeit, yes? I'd be interested in seeing that match.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 18, 2022

Quote from Jared Ball's post:

"I'm assuming Hubbard v. Gallagher was a forfeit, yes? I'd be interested in seeing that match."

Gallagher forfeited to Hubbard. My take is that Hubbard is going to start the rest of the season so they want the W on his record.

Scott Nicola added to this discussion on January 18, 2022

Quote from Jared Ball's post:

"I'm assuming Hubbard v. Gallagher was a forfeit, yes? I'd be interested in seeing that match."

Agreed. Based on common opponents probably a pretty good go. Throw Hepner in the round robin as well.

Rob Wagner added to this discussion on January 19, 2022

Happy to see Gonzales win at 133 no matter the competition or score. I think he still needs to grow into this weight.

Definitely his for the taking next season for the Bucks.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 19, 2022

Quote from Rob Wagner's post:

"Happy to see Gonzales win at 133 no matter the competition or score. I think he still needs to grow into this weight.

Definitely his for the taking next season for the Bucks."

Good point.

Don Bork added to this discussion on January 19, 2022

I’m wondering if Gonzales might cut back to 125 next year if Heinselman doesn’t choose to return. He was wrestling at 113 just two years ago.I’m expecting Ryan to be all in next year, especially if Smith and Romero do return,including Bouzakis at 133.

Jared Ball added to this discussion on January 20, 2022

I’m hoping they get Malik for at least one more year. I was surprised that Gonzales jumped from 120-133. When he won Cali states he was at 106 or 113. Then Covid robbed him of a senior year, but I thought he was at 120. There was definitely a thought that he may end up as the starter at 125, but he has consistently been at 133 all year. I have to think that he is the starter at 133 year unless he slots at 125 and they go with Bousakis right out of the gate. Kilkeary is still one to two years away, but is a likely starter at 125 for four years. Any chance we land Sasso (195) or Pletcher (150)? Can’t be too many more opens this year. Pretty sure Andres has only dropped one March match all year.

Rob Wagner added to this discussion on January 20, 2022

I would think the plan would be to keep Gonzales at 133 in lieu of Malik coming back for 1 last year. (Don't see why he wouldn't?) and have Kilkeary slot in. (Assuming Bouzakis and Mendez go 141/149)

It would be nice ot get the younger Sasso but even nicer if we can get the younger Bouzakis.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on January 20, 2022

Not every school can get a Spencer Lee but my impression is most top 125s are at or coming down to 125 when they get to college. Projects moving up tend to have problems with horsepower.

► Add to the Discussion