Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Interesting tweet
Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on February 12, 2022

The Ohio State wrestling twitter account, @wrestlingbucks, tweeted out Senior Spotlights today. The tweets about Tate and Kaleb both said they they would be back next year. I guess Feldman is going to redshirt next year.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Don Bork added to this discussion on February 12, 2022

I was hoping he would. Looks to be an outstanding prospect, but needs to continue to mature physically and improve and expand his skills. If he were competing this year he would be round of 12 or 16 at best. We need more 3 and 4 time AA, not one timers.

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on February 12, 2022

Was just heading over here to let everyone know.

This is great news, particularly as it relates to Romero, who really hasn't gotten a fair postseason shake. He was wrestling very well in 2020 prior to Covid, and in 2021 was not at his best at nationals because of a lower body injury. Happy to see him returning.

Tom Ryan has seen rival programs Iowa and Michigan benefit greatly from the free Covid year. Now he wants a crack at it.

The announcement did not mention Ethan Smith as a senior, so I assume he's back as well.

Those not returning include Fritz Schierl, who has more than 70 wins at OSU. Good program guy.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on February 12, 2022

Quote from Jason L. Jackson's post:

"The Ohio State wrestling twitter account, @wrestlingbucks, tweeted out Senior Spotlights today. The tweets about Tate and Kaleb both said they they would be back next year. I guess Feldman is going to redshirt next year."

I caught an interview with Feldman, I think it was after his Beast of the East win, and he was asked what the plan was at OSU and he said Tate would wrestle and he would RS. So it sounds like that was the long range plan all along.

Rob Wagner added to this discussion on February 13, 2022

Glad to see Romero is coming back. I’m curious if there’s any talk of RS’ing Heinselman next year to see how Gonzales does while the team gears up with next years phenomenal recurring class and Kilkeary & Welsh coming in as true freshman (with hopefully more blue chippers on the way for c/o 2023.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on February 13, 2022

Quote from Drew Taylor's post:

"Was just heading over here to let everyone know.

This is great news, particularly as it relates to Romero, who really hasn't gotten a fair postseason shake. He was wrestling very well in 2020 prior to Covid, and in 2021 was not at his best at nationals because of a lower body injury. Happy to see him returning.

Tom Ryan has seen rival programs Iowa and Michigan benefit greatly from the free Covid year. Now he wants a crack at it.

The announcement did not mention Ethan Smith as a senior, so I assume he's back as well.

Those not returning include Fritz Schierl, who has more than 70 wins at OSU. Good program guy."

I thought it was odd Smith was not in the senior picture nor the picture with the parents? The OSU website mentioned that Romero & Tate were coming back, but no mention of Smith, not even mentioning him as a RS senior. ???

► Add to the Discussion