Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Logan Stieber: 4x NCAA Champion
Mark Niemann added to this discussion on March 14, 2022

NCAA Wrestling Twitter just released a video about Logan Stieber.

Pretty good trip down memory lane.

https://twitter.com/ncaawrestling/status/1503415663846694917?s=21

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on March 14, 2022

Great stuff!!!

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 14, 2022

excellent

Ben Golden added to this discussion on March 15, 2022

I was fortunate to attend NCAAs the year Logan wrestled Oliver. I remember feeling a tight stomach and goosebumps the whole match. Awesome stuff.

....was also fortunate to attend NCAA's for his 4th title. By then, video review had changed the feel of the night quite a bit. Soooo many delays to review matches and Logan's was the last match. I remember it felt like a lot of energy had drained out of the place by the time that match came around. Unfortunate, but still memorable.

Love Logie!

Ben Golden added to this discussion on March 15, 2022

Another story about another title:

My wife went to Virginia Tech and is a big sports fan. We met in May 2014--just a couple months after Logan's 3rd title. A few weeks in, I decided it was time to see if this was potential for this be anything meaningful or if I was wasting my time. So, I asked her if she wanted to watch some wrestling (I of course had been forthright about the importance of wrestling in my life on our first date).

Anyway, in order to make it most interesting to her, I figured it would be best if it were a match that she might feel some connection to. So I asked, "There's a recent NCAA title match between the best wrestler in Virginia Tech history, and the best wrestler in Ohio State history. Do you want to watch?"

She had never watched wrestling before but, eager to please, she said yes, and we started watching a replay of the Stieber/Carter match. About midway through, she started to realize that the match was rather one-sided, and was not a bit happy with me.

-------------------

That November, we split--coincidently, it was about a week before I traveled to Blacksburg to watch Ohio State wrestle at Virginia Tech--a VT win that echoed what had occurred on the football field a few months earlier, and also pre-empted the national title that would await the Buckeyes in both sports later on.

Anyway, come January/February, she starts sending me messages asking if she can have my Flo login! Huh? Then when March came around, she started messaging me, talking trash about how her bracketology was going to be better than mine. I certainly did not expect that, and wasn't sure what to make of it.

Anyway, we wound up getting married.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on March 15, 2022

A women who talks trash about wrestling brackets!!! You chose wisely. :)

► Add to the Discussion