Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3  Next

Discussion Topic: Feldman
Luke Moore added to this discussion on May 5, 2022

I have never seen Feldman wrestle a full match, but have seen a lot of highlights. He seems to be a complete stud. Wondering, is he on the Snyder level coming into college?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on May 5, 2022

same level? could be, at 5 11 230 he will be 285. His idol Snyder.

opponent here Jimmy Mullin of NJ is a Cadet World silver,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBTGZSlztec

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on May 5, 2022

want more, cant get enough, lol?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Law01chQuKI

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on May 5, 2022

Feldman may be the best high school prospect I have seen in last 10 years including Snyder. He is tech falling or pinning everyone. He has absolutely destroyed everyone in the top ten. He has went against all the top competition and it’s not even close. Penn state fans are excited about possibly getting Mullens who he embarrassed twice. Mullens they believe is a four year starter and elite prospect. If Penn state offers you know he’s elite. Feldman made him look like a rag doll. Gable Stevenson , his senior year for example beat kerkvliet by a point. Snyder beat Haines in a close decision also in high school. . David Taylor won a match 1-0 his senior year also I believe against Ian Miller. I have never seen a wrestler dominate at the level he has this year against every top kid in the nation. After a redshirt if he’s not the favorite or at least top two or three I would be very surprised.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on May 5, 2022

I have two concerns and only two about Feldman:

1. NIL or some other benefit that takes him elsewhere; and
2. Who does he get coached by or wrestle with in the room?

I wish we still had Tervel.

Casey Talbott added to this discussion on May 5, 2022

Quote from Nick Lecklider's post:

"He is tech falling or pinning everyone. He has absolutely destroyed everyone in the top ten. He has went against all the top competition and it’s not even close."

Well these two sure did wrestle to the bone:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzhguzdb-Ds

Brian Mathews added to this discussion on May 5, 2022

I feel like a broken record on this topic, but can we pump the brakes just a little bit? Comparing anyone to Snyder is unfair--and saying Feldman is a better prospect is just nuts.

Before Snyder ever showed up at OSU, he was a junior world champ.

Steveson was a 2x cadet and 1x junior world champ.

Stieber had beaten multiple NCAA AA's competing at the senior level.

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on May 6, 2022

Brian, I have no idea if Feldman will match the accomplishments of Snyder, Gable, or Logan. That’s expecting a lot and the safe bet is he will not. But my eyes tell me Feldman is as good or better than any of them when they entered college. I don’t think that’s a crazy take.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on May 6, 2022

I second pumping the brakes. Excellent prospect but he's had some tough matches against high school opponents. Comparing to Snyder is silly given all we know about Captain America. He is a fabulous talent.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on May 6, 2022

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"I second pumping the brakes. Excellent prospect but he's had some tough matches against high school opponents. Comparing to Snyder is silly given all we know about Captain America. He is a fabulous talent."

Maybe his Jr year but last year he dominated everyone he wrestled in folk and free. He did have a 2-1 D over a kid from SDSU at US open but outside of that he crushed everyone.

Don Bork added to this discussion on May 6, 2022

I have to agree with Brian and Hank that some posters are expecting too much. No question that Bouzakis, Mendez and, in particular, Feldman are excellent young talents, but they have yet to wrestle a full season at the D1 level. Comparing Feldman to Snyder? Really? Kyle was 3 time national champ, third place and Olympic gold medalist before graduating. I’m going to go out on a limb and say that chances are slim to none that Feldman matches those accomplishments.Snyders classmates Tomasello and Jordan added one NC, a second, 5 thirds and a fifth. Are we expecting that and more from Bouzakis and Mendez? I to have great expectations, but as Hank said, some folks really need to “pump the brakes”.

Brian Mathews added to this discussion on May 6, 2022

Quote from Drew Taylor's post:

"Brian, I have no idea if Feldman will match the accomplishments of Snyder, Gable, or Logan. That’s expecting a lot and the safe bet is he will not. But my eyes tell me Feldman is as good or better than any of them when they entered college. I don’t think that’s a crazy take."

Considering those are three of the best recruits of all time, I do think it's crazy.

I hope you're right, of course, just a little bit crazy.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on May 6, 2022

"Maybe his Jr year but last year he dominated everyone he wrestled in folk and free. He did have a 2-1 D over a kid from SDSU at US open but outside of that he crushed everyone."

My bad. I thought the opponent was high school.

Still, I remember how talented Mason Parris was when he arrived on the scene. And he's still excellent. But a few years ago, who'd have thought he'd never win an NCAA title?

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on May 6, 2022

By just watching tape on Snyder senior season and Feldman senior season I would say Feldman had the more impressive season and the more impressive prospect without looking in the future for Snyder. Feldman has progressed greatly each year. He sought out wno, dapper Dan , and the top 5 high school tournaments in the nation to wrestle every top guy and no one was close. Every match he wrestles he looks better and better. That Carroll match was close I agree but don’t think it would be that close if they wrestled today as that match was before the season. . He lost to Shumate a couple years ago and now they aren’t in the same league. Of course Snyder went on to have a great collegiate careeer as did Stevenson. It will be hard to meet the accolades they both had in college I understand and am not saying that he will do better. But I absolutely would not be surprised if he did meet and surpass those accomplishments of these greats. Folk style ecspecially, I haven’t seen enough of Feldman in freestyle but im sure he is still learning. Feldman seems much better than Snyder from the top position at least as Snyder never turned or pinned many people at all. Feldman has been pretty successful from the top position turning elite guys. Whether it translates to college is yet to be seen. After a redshirt year I believe he will still have Colton Shultz from Arizona state that would probably be the top guy and maybe kerklivet if he decides to stay another year. Again I’m not comparing what Snyder accomplished post high school only his high school. Feldman other than this last weekend I’m not sure if he’s ever wrestled much freestyle so never got any international competition. Every one of these kids needs a redshirt this year as penn state is going to win by 40 points now that Roman bravo is coming back. I am excited to watch these guys in opens the next year. There is too much that can happen injuries, burnout, another great coming up but feldman senior year I believe would have been possibly a low all American or round of 12 guy in college. Two years from now with some graduating and him getting bigger, older, and in a college wrestling room he is gonna be hard for anyone to beat. Is it too early to say I was right on betancout yet ???? lol.

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on May 6, 2022

Regarding other mentions in this post. Did anyone say that they were expecting Mendes and bouzakis to have that kind of crazy success?? Bouzakis reminds me a lot of pletcher and can see him having a similar career as a 3-4 time all American and a chance to get a nc at some point. Mendes Has already beaten college all American in freestyle but need to see some of those wins in folk. I expect very good careers from them but I would say hoping for one national championship between them both would be an over under if I set a betting line with 5.5 all American finishes.
Shumate I believe is either burnt out or just hasn’t improved at all in two years and will have a hard time making the lineup and competing in the big ten. Geog I like much better as a prospect if they end up being the same weight and saw improvement with him throughout they year.

Mason parris I never actually thought would be a national champion in all honestly. He had too many hammers at the same time at heavyweight. Mason parris was number 6 overall in his class. He had to compete against possibly three number ones three straight years overall in Stevenson, Shultz and kerkvliet. This year was probably deepest I have ever remember seeing heavyweight.

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3  Next