Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Good Luck Kollin Moore
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on June 3, 2022

He takes on Kyle Snyder to make a world team at Final X in Stillwater. Odds against him are significant but he wrestled brilliantly at WTT's. Easy to overlook how well he's performed. I thoroughly enjoy watching him compete. I am a Snyder fan but a bigger Moore fan at the moment. Good luck to him.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Brian Mathews added to this discussion on June 3, 2022

Also pulling for Kollin. The fact that it's a best of three doesn't help, but that's the entire point of Final X.

Snyder bullied him last time with a righty underhook and short offense. I'm not qualified to come up with a game plan, but I think we'll find out in the first minute if Kollin can deal with that or not.

Jeff Streu added to this discussion on June 4, 2022

I really wanted Moore to win (although I'm not at all upset about Kyle being our rep), but if Moore wants to close the gap he needs to hit the weights really hard. He even said during the press conference that he could make 92 kg easily but he's going 97 since it's the Olympic weight. If the Olympics is his goal he needs to be a full sized 97. The difference in physicality between him and Snyder was very apparent.

Jeff Streu added to this discussion on June 4, 2022

Quote from Jeff Streu's post:

"I really wanted Moore to win (although I'm not at all upset about Kyle being our rep), but if Moore wants to close the gap he needs to hit the weights really hard. He even said during the press conference that he could make 92 kg easily but he's going 97 since it's the Olympic weight. If the Olympics is his goal he needs to be a full sized 97. The difference in physicality between him and Snyder was very apparent."

On the other hand, since it sounds like Cox is moving up to 97 next year perhaps Moore should go 92 next year to at least make a team, and then bulk up to 97 in 2024.

► Add to the Discussion