Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3  Next

Discussion Topic: 2022 MSU Open
Rob Wagner added to this discussion on November 2, 2022

Hoping we can get some updates this Saturday, (I refuse to pay for a FLO sub!)

I would like to see OSU send their entire team to this tourney to see how everyone fairs against some pretty tough competition.

Last edited by Rob Wagner on November 2, 2022; edited 1 time in total

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on November 2, 2022

I assume you are referring to the Michigan State Open on Saturday.

Trackwrestling will have a live dashboard to follow the matches.

D'OH!

Quote from Jason L. Jackson's post:

"I assume you are referring to the Michigan State Open on Saturday.

Trackwrestling will have a live dashboard to follow the matches."

Don Bork added to this discussion on November 2, 2022

TOSU Athletics site has an article listing Buckeye wrestlers competing in the event. Among others, Decatur and Hepner wrestling unattached, Bouzakis in the freshman/sophomore division and no Feldman.

I truly hope that Nic Bouzakis does not wrestle in the frosh/soph division. The ONLY way I would think that is a good idea is if that is not one of his five (5) events. If it is, then it is pointless for him to wrestle in that division. I feel the same for Geog and, to a lesser extent, Shumate. Put them in the big boy division and see what they have if you're going to waste 1 of their 5 events.

I think Feldman got a stinger in wrestle-offs, so I doubt we see him for a while.

I'd like open tournies to get rid of the fresh/soph division once and for all. But again, im just a grouch.

I'm fine with it for guys like Brendan McCrone and Gavin Brown. Good wrestlers who are likely to be 0-2 or 1-2 in the big boy division. Especially if you are now not able to wrestle unattached as a true frosh in the first semester. Let them get some mat time.

But Bouzakis is a guy who we would be expecting to challenge for AA honors if he were in the lineup. It would be ridiculous for him to be in the frosh/soph division.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 2, 2022

Quote from Jason L. Jackson's post:

"I'm fine with it for guys like Brendan McCrone and Gavin Brown. Good wrestlers who are likely to be 0-2 or 1-2 in the big boy division. Especially if you are now not able to wrestle unattached as a true frosh in the first semester. Let them get some mat time.

But Bouzakis is a guy who we would be expecting to challenge for AA honors if he were in the lineup. It would be ridiculous for him to be in the frosh/soph division."

Maybe Brady Koontz rides him into the ground every practice and the staff wants him to get used to D1 before throwing him into the deep water? I mean I tend to agree that a former world team member should wrestle the big boy division but one never knows what the coaches are thinking or why.

Don Bork added to this discussion on November 2, 2022

We may be ready to see our “high” Level recruits compete against the best competition, but the coaches have a better understanding of where each individual is currently at. I’m sure they want all of them to have successful initial experiences in D1. Some won’t be asked to contribute this year, so to bring them along more slowly, but successfully may not be a bad thing. And as Hank points out, mat wrestling may not be a current strength for kids who dominated at the high school level.

Jeff Streu added to this discussion on November 2, 2022

If I recall correctly Paddy wrestled in the Frosh/Soph division last year - or maybe I'm thinking of the Ohio Intercollegiate Open at Tiffin last year. He wrestled in the lower division in at least one of those events and I remember being perplexed by that as well.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on November 3, 2022

According to Flo Feldman is wrestling this weekend.

Jeff Mowrer added to this discussion on November 3, 2022

According to tOSU, Feldman is not wrestling.

Rick Wasmer added to this discussion on November 3, 2022

Should be fun to watch, to see the new guys, Mendez, Paddy, Bouzakis. Kharchla should get Amine, so that will be a tough challenge for him in the first weekend.

John Joyce added to this discussion on November 5, 2022

Looks like no Tate, Kharchla or Hepner. And I don’t really understand the bouzakis in fresh/soph bracket. Seems like a waste of 1/5 events. Could see a Geog Shumate final. Smith vs Ruth semi could be interesting.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on November 5, 2022

Dylan D should be / will be the starter at 141. Decatur gets beat by Xichigan dude because he can’t score off bottom. Up 4-2 after 1. Gets ridden like a rented mule in period 2 and gives up td and is ridden our in period 3.

Not good. Not good at all.

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3  Next