Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Nick Corey on recent Tom Ryan accident and life
Scott Clemmons added to this discussion on May 29, 2024

Great piece... https://ncorey.substack.com/p/tom-ryan-recovering-again

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on May 30, 2024

Wow. First, this is really fine writing. Nick Corey is to be commended. I will seek out more of his work.

This is the first time I've understood the extent of Tom Ryan's injuries. Most people would be dead. He survived because of who he is and how he takes care of himself as well as the role he plays for others in my opinion. This man is remarkably selfless and there is much food for thought in his words and deeds. I'm grateful he's recovering and wish him well. He's needed.

Mike Stann added to this discussion on May 31, 2024

I am so happy and proud this man is the coach of tOSU. We talk about coaches need to be good role models and I don't know how you top this guy. This man goes through this and his take away is I need to care more for my injured wrestlers. I do wonder, who or how will they replace this face of Ohio State wrestling when the time comes

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on May 31, 2024

I recently mentioned in a group text message that back in 2005 or 2006 when Hellickson was stepping down, Tom Borrelli was my (realistic) choice for the new hire. I was unaware who Tom Ryan was and I knew what Borrelli had done at CMU.

Fast forward to 2024 and I am glad on two fronts - 1) Borrelli remained at CMU (recently stepped down) and continued with his work there and 2) we got Tom Ryan. If someone would have told me upon his hiring that TR would deliver an NCAA team title and consistently be a top 5 program, I do not think I would have believed them. But here we are.

► Add to the Discussion