Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Kollin Moore retiring
Jared Ball added to this discussion on July 17, 2024

Saw a social media post, can anyone confirm? Sounded like he will become an Ohio Rtc coach.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on July 18, 2024

The post is from Kollin. So confirmed. Retiring from competition and sticking around Ohio RTC to coach.

Kollin is an elite competitor whose path to a world team is blocked until Kyle Snyder retires. Just the way it is.

Congrats to Kollin on an excellent career. But for Covid he almost surely would have won the NCAA title in 2020.

Brian Mathews added to this discussion on July 18, 2024

He retires a legendary Buckeye with an impressive international resume, despite never getting a chance to represent us at a senior World Championship. At his best he was a top 5 wrestler in the world at his weight, and he has plenty of wins proving that.

Shifting his focus to coaching full time is a great result for the program, and he fills a natural need. I think he'll do well if this is what he wants long term.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on July 18, 2024

Hats off to Kollin for a fantastic career.

Coaching at the Ohio RTC? Who is he going to coach there?

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on July 19, 2024

Ohio state needed a guy to coach upper weights. The writing was on the wall that he was becoming coach for a few weeks now. He went on a visit to see Bassett with Stieber and Bassett called him Coach Moore.

Kollin was always stuck behind Snyder and then Trimble from NC state who is very young just beat him convincingly. Even once Snyder is done Trumble looks to be the next in line maybe. It’s tough to continue when it doesn’t look like you will get the chance to be that man for the USA.

Great career, and still mad him, pletcher, and Sammy got screwed on that Covid year. Now go get Bassett and Blaze please!

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on July 22, 2024

Standing O for Kollin Moore. One of the last "under the radar" Ohio kids and he made huge accomplishments as a Buckeye and in the international realm.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on July 22, 2024

Kollin is truly one of the best stories to come through OHST.

I wish him the best as the new coach at OH-RTC. A part of me wishes he had a mentor to help him through the process. Sweet Lou ship has sailed, but maybe someone else. Oh, whale.

#GoKollin
#GoOHRTC
#GoBuckeyes

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on July 24, 2024

Great Guy as well!!!

I first noticed paid attention to him his Soph. season in HS when he finished as runner-up (52-1 final record) and beat the defending state champ, who was a Sr., in the semis. I distinctly remember this match as his opponent was from Troy Christian from my District. He got out horsed in the finals but he was on my radar. His Jr. season I had the number 1 ranked kid in Kollin's weight, Austin Reese and they met in the finals and Kollin was agian undefeated heading into the State Finals. We had scouted him pretty well and knew that if Austin could avoid the dump, he'd be in good shape. He did and he was, winning that match 6-4 -- should have been 6-3 but for a bogus Ohio ref must make the stall call in the last 10 seconds but I digress. :)

Kollin was very athletic but still unrefined, IMHO, in his technique. He really filled out going into his Sr. season and the Kelly Dump greatly improved and he had a steamrolling Sr season.

Years later, after Austin had his career cut short due to a heart issue (that in itself is a crazy story) saw Kollin. Kollin as we all know had went on to have an incredible career at tOSU. They took a picture together. Austin smiling holding up a "I'm #1" finger and Kollin with a sad look holding up a "I'm #2" finger. Hilarious.

Kollin -- congrats on an outstanding career but even more so for being a tremendous sportsman and ambassador for this great sport of ours.

► Add to the Discussion