Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Alex Taylor - double Fargo champ
Drew Taylor added to this discussion on July 22, 2024

Mount Vernon’s Alex Taylor won Fargo U16 freestyle and greco titles at 215 pounds. A Fargo sweep is a big freaking deal.

Taylor as a sophomore last year won a district title and took fifth at state in Division I.

He just made himself a lot of money in recruiting. Gotta believe Bucks are in pursuit.

What else do we know about Mr. Taylor?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on July 22, 2024

While Taylor had a great tourney I’m not too sure he’s very high on Ohio states radar. They only go after the very best. At 215 alone there are three in his class of 26 that are far ahead of him. Mocco, Merrill, and Ross. Another problem is that he is too big for 197 and too small for heavy. I don’t think it translates too well for college for him. Tavenello was great in high school and was a borderline NCAA qualifier in college. Max Shulaw I believe will have the exact same problem in college. He has wrestled Shulaw once and got teched by him.

Loc Webber is an incoming freshman that was a Greco champ and got fifth in freestyle. He will wrestle for Dublin Coffman. He may end up being a pretty good recruit. The kid who won his weight in freestyle he was beating 5-4 with five seconds left and off the whistle almost ran straight out of bounds to lose the match. Matches are on Flo. Then in the consi semis he lost to a kid he beat multiple times this year by tech. Also beat Bassetts little brother Keegan who won Fargo at the weight below him this year. I look forward to seeing what he does in high school.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on July 22, 2024

Kudos to Mustafa Woodi from Shaker Heights. 5th and 3rd at the state meet the last two seasons and 4th in Fargo (Jr Greco). Some program is going to get lucky with this kid. He has all the physical tools.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on July 31, 2024

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Kudos to Mustafa Woodi from Shaker Heights. 5th and 3rd at the state meet the last two seasons and 4th in Fargo (Jr Greco). Some program is going to get lucky with this kid. He has all the physical tools."

He committed to Pitt.

► Add to the Discussion